Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Modern Quilt Guild Pin Cushion Exchange


Here is the pin cushion I received as part of the Modern Quilt Guild exchange project.

At first, it looked like I was going to get my mom's, and she was going to get mine. We attended the afternoon meeting today (instead of the evening one). Our guild has a meeting in the afternoon, followed by open sewing, and then an evening meeting after that. Usually we go to the evening meeting, but this time, we wanted a chance to sew (remember the dress pattern I shared yesterday?).

Well, it turns out, the leader of the afternoon meeting didn't tell those members about the exchange project, so we were the only ones who did one. (I'm a bit irritated at how this exchange thing is being handled, or not handled, but I'm hoping it will get better).

After open sewing (where I worked on the dress), we ran into two of the other leaders for the guild in the parking lot as we were on our way out. They invited us to stay for the first few minutes of the evening meeting so that we could participate in the exchange. And am I glad I did!

I just love the bright blues and green of the pin cushion I received. And it's filled with crushed walnuts, so it has a nice weight to it. Next time I make a pin cushion, I think I'll give that a try rather than use poly fill.

I think next month, we're going to attend the open sewing after the first meeting and stay for the evening meeting instead. The evening meeting members just seem more lively for some reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...