Monday, July 29, 2013

Children's Art Group


So... I finally did it. I've been playing around with this idea for several months, and I finally jumped in with two feet and it's happening! I have officially started a children's art group here in our area. If you live near me, check it out!!

I've set it up on meetup.com. It's a pretty easy-to-use social tool to create events in your community.

Anyway, it hasn't been announced to the meetup community at large yet (it will be tomorrow), but I already have 18 members. Our first event is this Sunday. We're having a No Paint Brush Painting event. At the moment, there are 11 mamas and 14 children attending.

I'm planning to spread out some old sheets or drop cloths on the ground for the kids to paint on. I got some paint trays at the Dollar Tree for washable tempera paint. Each parent will supply 1 or 2 bottles of paint and some items with interesting texture to paint with. It should be a blast! And probably a little bit messy too.

I'm hoping to plan about 2 events per month. They will primarily take place on the weekends so working moms and dads can participate too. I have 2 events up on the calendar for August, and I've already planned September and October. I still have some thinking I need to do as far as location during the winter. The next few events will take place outside at local parks. I'm hoping maybe the art center or a church might donate some space to us at least once a month. Otherwise, I might have to clean out my basement and limit the number of attendees.

Anyway, I'm really excited about the group. And you'll definitely be seeing some more posts as the events take place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...